We all know about how powerful Facebook is to get the word out about our businesses. It really is all about engaging and creating relationships with one another. After all, we tend to do business with people we know and trust right? When it comes to your website and social media presence, we put our message out there and respond to comments. But, it still isn’t enough. The more personable you are, the more likely you will get business from that person you interacted with.
Enter Facebook groups!
Facebook groups are a great way to interact with people on subjects you enjoy. There are groups about pretty much everything. Just do a search, and you’ll likely find a Facebook group you think you can relate to. You will realize that there are so many groups, you may not know what to do first. You may even join a ton of groups only to feel overwhelmed and lost.
Facebook groups also a great way to learn from others and collaborate too! Just don’t be spammy, because most groups don’t allow that. Each group has their own rules so make sure you abide by them, otherwise you could be removed from the group.
Here are some tips to start using Facebook groups effectively:
- Pick 3 groups that relate to your business and make sure they are active. Good groups have daily or weekly prompt posts that are designed for people to participate in conversation.
- Choose 1 group to focus your efforts on and start asking questions or answering questions already in there that you know the answer to.
- Try to connect with at least 1 person a day in the group and get to know about them and their problems, goals, business, etc.
- Set a time each day to participate in groups with a reasonable time limit.
- Take note of promo days in groups where you can promote your content.
Don’t know where to start?
Check out the free list of Facebook groups that I put together based on subject. If you’re a woman solopreneur or business owner, mom blogger or creative entrepreneur, you’ll find a group you can join today and start connecting people just like you!