As a business, being on social media is so important, as a lot of your potential customers or clients are on the internet every single day looking for ways to make their business or lives better!
There are many social media platforms out there, and it could be overwhelming to be on all of them. That is why it is best to focus time on the best social media platform to focus on first.
Once you figure out the platform you want to focus time on, you can work on creating content there and figure out the best ways to optimize your profile!
The Platform You Choose May Depend On Your Type of Business
Based on your business, figure out which platform would be the best in promoting your business. Here are a few suggestions.
- If you are a restaurant, it would benefit being on a social media platform that allows you to post photos and add updates.
- If you’re a service based business, it may be best to be on a platform where you can easily network with potential customers.
- If you’re a creative based business, it may be best to be on a platform where you are able to post photos of your projects.
What Are The Most Popular Social Media Platforms?
- Instagram is best for businesses who want to show photos of inside their businesses and what they physically offer.
- Facebook is best for businesses who have a lot to say and show. Facebook allows you to post photos, videos and post updates.
- Twitter is best for businesses who have a lot to say on their website (and will link to), as well as post short videos and photos.
- LinkedIn is best for businesses who want to directly contact and network with potential customers.
How To Choose The Best Social Media Platform
It may be overwhelming to have a profile on all the popular platforms, so it is best to pick the platform that you feel most comfortable with first. Once you figure that out, you can then really figure out how to best optimize your time using that platform.
Creating Your Social Media Plan
Having a plan for social media is so important, as it helps you keep organized. You will want to lay out your content based on your service offerings and the actual content you have available relating to your business. Creating this plan in advance will help you figure out when to post this content and make sure you are doing it consistently.